Windshield damage is frustrating – now you have to get it fixed. The good news is that if you have a chip or crack that’s 6 inches or smaller, a quick windshield repair or rock chips repair may be all you need.
Windshield repair is an inexpensive alternative to windshield replacement that can stop chips and cracks from spreading.
There are a few good reasons to stop putting off that windshield repair you know you need. Take a look:
- Convenience: expert auto glass specialists typically perform windshield repairs within an hour.
- Inexpensive: Windshield repair is far more economical than replacing the whole windshield.
- Insurance Advantages: Because of the economic advantages of repair vs. replacement, many insurance companies will waive your deductible and pay for the windshield repair.
- Small windshield chips can turn into large cracks – requiring full replacements.
Your windshield damage can grow and require a full windshield replacement, which is likely to cost more.
- Environmentally Responsible: Repairing your windshield keeps your old glass out of a landfill, where it will stay forever.
To properly repair your windshield, Expert auto glass specialists remove debris from the impacted area, sometimes using a drill to create a clean passageway for the repair resin. A special resin is then injected into the damaged area using a tool that attaches to the surface of the glass. After injection, the resin is cured and polished to a clear finish.
Expert auto glass has trained experts in the area of windshield repair. In fact, we repair more than one million windshields every year. We’re here to help, but a repair may not be the right solution for everyone. You know you’re eligible for a repair when:
- The damage can fit under a dollar bill
- You have three chips or less
- The damage is not on the edge of the windshield
- The damage is not in your line of sight
- The damage is not in front of a camera or sensor in the windshield